Monday 10 March 2014

The Tarte of Giving Collector's Set & Travel Bag : Review

I was so excited to received this beautiful makeup collection for Christmas ! Even though you can't get this particular set anymore ( it was limited edition) the individual products contained , you can definitely shop them at Sephora.com and Tarte.com . I am going to discuss each product in turn and give you my thoughts . All of the products I have really used them extensively so I feel confident to give you a proper review of them.




 

The eyeshadow palette I was most excited for . In my photo you can see I've been using them all . They are all very pigmented . They go on like a dream and last all day even on my combination/oily skin. They are also super easy to blend.




There is a combination of matte and shimmery shades so it's a great palette for everyday use and also for more special occasions . I have definitely used it for both. 

The set came with 8 sample sized lip glosses. The colours all suit my skin tone and I love the minty flavour they have. However, you definitely need to apply a lip liner to get a great colour pay off and to set it. Also, they are on the sticky side. My favourite is the Tarte Maracuja Lip Gloss in Ro. Its the perfect nude pink for my skintone. I would like to purchase the full size but I'm not seeing it anywhere ! :(



There are two cheek products in this set. It's the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in Memorable and the Tarte Flush Cheek Stain. The first I love , it goes on beautifully giving the cheeks a healthy flush of colour. On the other hand the cheek stain was a complete fail for me. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or what. It was super greasy and barely pigmented. I tried to use it as a lip stain but to no avail. I really wanted to like this stain because of all the healthy ingredients used to make it. What's your experience with it ?






The Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 mascara is pretty awesome. It doesn't clump. It spreads out your lashes and gives them length . 



These products I'm about to write about have become a part of my daily skin routine. It's the Tarte maracuja oil ( looking to get the full size) and the Tarte Maracuja C-brighter eye treatment. I have seen vast improvement in the quality of my skin and the dark circles under my eyes have noticeably lightened! I highly recommend these two products. 



So there you have it everyone . It's a great combination of products that comes in a very useful travel makeup bag that holds a tonne of things and the upside is the Tarte makeup brand formulates all of their products without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, synthetic fragrances and gluten. Yes it's a little pricey but it's definitely worth it to spend a little extra for healthy makeup that won't do long term damage to your skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment